WHAT IS LOW-DISTURBANCE NO-TILLAGE?
WHAT IS LOW-DISTURBANCE-NO-TILLAGE?
All low disturbance no-tillage openers should:
- Minimize soil and residue disturbance during seeding without blocking.
- Micro-manage crop residues by replacing them over the sown seed slots.
- Create a fail-safe germination and seedling emergence environment.
- Place and cover seeds at a consistent depth regardless of variations in surface smoothness, soil density or crop residues.
- Band fertilizer separately from, but at the same time as the seeds.
- All no-tillage openers can be expected to achieve at least 1 of these functions
- Many achieve 2
- A few achieve 3
- Even fewer achieve 4
- Only the Cross Slot® achieves all 5
THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LOW-DISTURBANCE NO-TILLAGE AND ALL OTHER FORMS OF “NO-TILLAGE”